WAKEFIELD CAMERA CLUB - CONSTITUTION & RULES (Amended Feb 2011)
1. The Club to be known
as the Wakefield Camera Club.
2. Aims of the Club. The objectives of the club are the furtherance of all branches of photography through lectures, demonstrations, exhibitions, outings and competitions.
3. Dissolution of the
4. The Club Committee shall be elected annually and shall consist of: President, Treasurer, General Secretary, Life Members and any additional Officers or posts recommended by the outgoing committee. Committee members must be proposed by a member and seconded by another member.
5. In the event of a
position on the Committee becoming vacant during the year, the Committee
may ask the membership to elect a replacement at any Club meeting.
6. The Annual
General Meeting to be held on the second Monday in December, or as soon
after as can be arranged. There must be in attendance at least 20% of the
members to form a quorum before the meeting can proceed.
7. A person is deemed a
member of the Club upon payment of the fixed annual subscription for which
a receipt will be given. Should a member become two months in arrears in
payment then he or she will be regarded as a non-member and will have to
re-apply for membership.
8. Subscriptions are due annually on the first Monday in October, each year.
classifications to be as follows; -
Full Membership, this to include an adult and his or her partner.
Senior Membership, this to include an adult over the age of 60 and his or her partner.
this to be a person in full time education.
10. The Treasurer to
maintain a record of members names and addresses.
11. Meetings to
normally be held on Monday evenings and to start at 7-30 prompt unless
12. The Committee to
ensure that the Club is insured to cover accident liability.
13. An Extra-ordinary general meeting shall be called by the Committee, if requested in writing to the Secretary by any six members of the Club. The meeting to take place within fourteen days of any such request.
14. The Committee to
meet at least once every three months.
15. The Committee will publish a set of rules governing the running of club competitions. The Committee is empowered to interpret and amend the Rules.
16. The Committee is empowered to interpret the Club Rules but not to alter or make new ones.
17. Notices of motions affecting Club Rules shall be given to the Secretary and made available to members at least two weeks prior to the Annual General Meeting.
18. The Club Rules and Competition Rules shall be published on the Club Website. Hard copies of the Rules will be available for new and existing members, on request, from the Club Treasurer.
19. Every member shall
receive a copy of the Club syllabus as soon as they become available each
20. The Committee
will appoint member(s) to represent the Club at Y.P.U. meetings. The
appointed member(s) will become full member(s) of the committee if they
are not already elected member(s).
21. The clubs financial year shall end on the 30th of September to ensure the accounts be audited in time for submission to the membership at the AGM. The auditor to be appointed by the membership at the AGM each year.